Saturday, January 14, 2017

There Is Help for the Hopeless



Today as I was up going about my morning routines, there was a song playing in the background by one of my favorite Christian bands, Third Day. The song is called “Cry Out to Jesus”. Go to YouTube and put in "Third Day Cry out to Jesus" when you have time, listen to it.

In the song, the singer lists all kinds of problems, struggles and worries that we might face. Obviously, there are millions of other situations but if he addressed all of those he would have the longest song ever made. Now back to my point. Basically, all we need to do, when faced with problems is cry out to Jesus. How easy is that? But wait, you might say, “don’t I need to stop sinning and become perfect?” “Wouldn’t I need to stop cussing, smoking, drinking, etc. to even come near to Jesus?” “Also, wouldn’t I need to go to church because that’s the place to pray and then God would be pleased with me?” “Only then would He help me with my problems, right?” The simple answer is NO! NO! NO!

As I study Scripture, I find that the words in this great song are the TRUTH! Though there are many verses I would like to high light, I'll start with this one:

“So, let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.” Hebrews 4:16 (NLT)

I could speak to so many components of this verse because there are a multitude of insights but I will bring one to you. It says that “let us come boldly” and “there we will find His mercy and we will find grace”. God is telling us that we can come to Him with our problems and He will help us. There are no requirements, no "if you do this or you need to do that…". God is saying, “come to me and I will help”. The end. That’s it! Now don’t get me wrong, obviously, we can’t approach the Almighty God without some humility and respect. But usually, when we are facing a devastating problem, when we feel like we are at the end of our rope, when we are feeling so low that we can’t get out of bed and we are desperate for some help, humility before God is not a problem. But if you’re not at this point but still need help, I suggest you go the Heavenly Father with some humility or you might want to rethink that life insurance policy, etc.

Beloved, I don’t know what your struggle is today but mine feels enormous. There really is no other option for me but to cry out to Jesus. And so, with boldness, I will take all of it to Him and rest in the knowledge that God wants to help us. So, when He says to cry out to Him, He is not lying. Matter of fact, in the New Testament, you find Jesus addressing this very subject:

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Matthew 11: 28-30 (NLT)



For many of you, as of right now, it’s your only option, so take your problems to Him and see what happens. What have you got to lose? But remember, taking our problems to God is like throwing them in a lake with a sign on it that says, “Absolutely no fishing!” So, once you give it to Him, don’t take it back. Wait on Him and His help. Scripture says:

Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. Psalm 27:14 (NLT)



I know it’s hard to wait because most of us want to take control of our situation and solve it. But, God wants us to approach Him with our difficulties. I know that when my daughter is struggling with a problem, I want her to come to me. I don’t want her to deal with it on her own. I love that she looks to me for help. Whether, its help with homework, a need for shoes, or a hug because something has hurt her feelings, I want to be there for her. I would go to the ends of the earth to provide for her in her time of need. That, my friends, is how it is with our Heavenly Father. He wants to be a good Father to us. I love this next passage of Scripture and try to hang on to its concept when I am caught in a difficult situation:

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So, if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him." Matthew 7: 7-10


So, whatever it is that you are struggling with today, go to you Heavenly Father and ask for help. When you ask for help, what does the above verse say? They will receive, they will find, the door will be opened and they will be given good gifts. He is there waiting for you to cry out to Him. These past couple of weeks have been so hard for us. But every day God has proven over and over that He provides.

If you want to mention a struggle (you can name it or not) and would like for me to pray for you…I promise I will. In the comments section, just type “Please pray for me.” Also, if you would like to ask any questions about what I’ve written, leave your question in the comments section and as always, if you don’t know whether you are in God’s family and would like to know more about that, let me know. I would be happy to help you with that step.

I love you!
LaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment